Served daily from 8AM to 10AM
Start each morning at our bed and breakfast with a glass of juice and a cup of freshly brewed coffee, or select from a variety of hot teas! Much of the year, breakfast is served on the front deck with beautiful views of the surrounding pine forest, a trout pond and the San Antonio Creek. During winter months, sit by the fire inside the cozy dining area of the main lodge building!
Room service? Sure we do!
If you’d rather not come to our main dining room for breakfast, simply check out our menu the day before and we’ll deliver it to your room! Otherwise, and only if you wish, join the other guests at the main dining table for some lively conversation! Our attentive service and care toward detail will ensure that your visit the Elk Mountain Lodge is a pleasant one and a New Mexico True B & B experience.
View from the dining area on the front deck.
Our regular daily menu consists of a prepared entrée choice, fruit, toast, juices, tea and freshly brewed coffee. There is also other continental “help yourself” items offered on our buffet bar. Fresh fruits include bananas, apples, oranges and seasonal berries are always somewhere on the menu.
A hallmark of our New Mexico True B&B that continually draws raves from our guests is the Elk Mountain Lodge breakfast burrito! Its only five simple, fresh New Mexico ingredients prepared with love (details below).
Our signature breakfast! Includes freshly scrambled eggs, sausage, and potato, New Mexico green chili and melted cheddar cheese wrapped in a warm flour tortilla. Go vegetarian or choose any of your ingredients à la Carte! If you like your green chili “burning hot” (so to speak), ask us about the availability of the “hot stuff”! We try to keep some capsaicin loaded, sweat producing, green chili varieties on hand for the gutsy eaters… Otherwise, we use New Mexico “medium heat” green chili. If you’re not sure, order the chili on the side!
Delicious and creamy Greek Honey Yogurt, granola, and fresh fruits layered in a large glass cup. NOT a fat free option! It’s like desert for breakfast. Remember, you’re here to indulge!
Hot & Hearty Oatmeal
Pile on a little or pile on a lot! It’s heavenly! A large helping of old fashioned oats with any or all of the following ingredients: cinnamon, brown sugar, apples, bananas, raisins, walnuts, almonds or pecans. Served in a LARGE bowl! Other fruits may be available when in season. Bring your appetite!
Other breakfast bar choices may include:
- Prepackaged sweet rolls, Danish etc.
- Cinnamon raisin bread or whole grains Oatnut bread*
- Dry cereal – typically Honey Nut Cheerios, and/or Honey Bunches of Oats
*(There is also a toaster available for guest’s use on the breakfast bar)
- Hot Tea – 10 different varieties!
- Hot Coco
- ½ & ½ Dairy cream and/or Carnation brand dry creamers
- Juice – orange or cranberry juice cocktail
- Sadie’s “hot” Salsa
- Peanut butter
- Jams or jellies
- Splenda packets
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
If you book 4 nights or more, no worries, we always try to “switch up the menu a bit” to entice your palate with something different! Let’s discuss it upon your arrival!
- Breakfast hours may vary slightly from time to time depending upon number of guests and other factors. IF times are changed, we will talk with you when you arrive.
- Nuts (pecans peanuts, walnuts, almonds etc.) are used and in some of our recipes (in our kitchen) and will typically be found in some of our entrée items.
- If you have specific dietary needs, we encourage you to bring exactly what it is you are accustomed to eating. Our nearest large specialty grocer is over 60 miles away! Otherwise, we will try to accommodate you by eliminating ingredients or items that are normally included in the entrée of your choice.