Directions to Elk Mountain Lodge – Jemez Springs, NM
Driving Directions From Albuquerque:
- Drive North on I-25 to Bernalillo.
- Take exit number 242 for Bernalillo/Placitas and stay in the left lane as you get to the signal light at the top of the ramp.
- Turn left (or west) on to US 550 (old Hwy 44).
- Proceed through Bernalillo on US 550 and continue to San Ysidro, NM (23 Miles).
- Once in San Ysidro, watch for the Shell Gas Station on the right and look for signs indicating a right turn onto Highway 4 towards Jemez Springs. Once you pass the Dollar Store on the left, proceed another 700 feet to the ramp/turn lane onto State Highway 4 on the right.
- Once on Highway 4, proceed through some of the most beautiful scenery in the state to the small town of Jemez Springs (17.5 Miles) At this point, you will see the town park on the left including the Bath House, Library and Town Council offices (red roofed buildings).
- Proceed another 8.3 miles to the intersection of Highway 4 and Highway 126. At this intersection, turn Left.
- Once you have turned onto Highway 126, you will immediately see Amanda’s High Country Store and the Ridgeback Cafe on your left. Precede another half of a mile to our driveway on the right. Welcome to ELK MOUNTAIN LODGE!
Driving Directions from Santa Fe:
- Drive North out of Santa Fe towards the town of Espanola on Highway 285 (84) – 13 miles from the 599 interchange (Loop connector). You will arrive in the small town of Pojoaque.
- Watch for signs indicating an exit for highway 502 towards Los Alamos. The ramp exits to the right and leads to a signal light, you’ll want to turn left (under the overpass) onto Highway 502.
- Proceed 11.5 miles on Hwy 502 to the Highway 4 exit ramp on your right which takes you to White Rock. Take that ramp –it will curve to the left and then cross under Hwy 502.
- Proceed towards White Rock, NM on Highway 4 (approximately 4.1 miles. Here you find gas stations, a few restaurants and convenience stores.
- Proceed on Highway 4 out of White Rock. After approximately 10 miles, the elevation will begin change. You will begin climbing the mountains on highway 4 that lie ahead. This road may sometimes be closed in the wintertime so plan ahead! The distance along this route (between White Rock and your next turn onto highway 126) is 37.5 miles.
- After you have driven those 37.5 miles on Highway 4, you will be at the intersection of Highway 4 and Highway 126. Turn Right.
- Once you have turned onto Highway 126, you will immediately see Amanda’s High Country Store and the Ridgeback Cafe on your left.
- Precede another half of a mile to our driveway on the right. Welcome to ELK MOUNTAIN LODGE!